How To Apply
The Ordway requests that interested applicants apply for current, open, positions which are listed and updated on our Career Center (a link to this Career Center page can be found on our employment page). The Ordway does not accept general inquiries as applications. Also note that the Ordway does not keep applications or resumes on file.
How To Apply
Complete an online application, links to this online application can be found on our Career Center site. Click here to visit this site and apply online! You will see all current openings posted, click on the position to learn more and if you would like to apply, click the “Apply” icon at the top of the job opening. You will need to create a login username and password to apply. Only online applications will be considered for the position.
To apply for a paid position, you must submit an Ordway application form online through our Career Center site. We encourage all applicants to attach a resume and a cover letter during this online application process. Please visit the www.ordway.org/employment to view the link to our Career Center. To apply for a volunteer position, you must submit an Ordway Center Volunteer application form. Depending on the position you are applying for, you may also be asked to provide references along with your salary history and requirements in addition to the online application. Be sure to include current, working contact information in your online application.
The Ordway is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, and women, people with disabilities, and people of color are encouraged to apply for positions. Applicants will be asked to complete a voluntary Self-Identification Form upon applying for all positions at the Ordway.
Supported Internet Browsers and Operation Systems
To access the Career Center, powered through ADP, you will need to meet the following technical requirements:
Microsoft® Internet Explorer®
- Version 11 on Microsoft Windows® 7 SP1 (32 and 64 bits) and Microsoft Windows® 8.1 (excluding RT Touch Screen, which is not supported or certified by ADP)
- Version 31 and higher on Microsoft Windows® 7 SP1 (32 and 64 bits), Microsoft Windows® 8 (32 and 64 bits), Microsoft Windows® 8.1 (excluding RT Touch Screen, which is not supported or certified by ADP), Apple® Mac OS® Mavericks 10.9, and Apple® Mac OS® Yosemite 10.10 v31 extended support release version (auto-update available)
- Version 7.x on Apple® Mac OS® Mavericks 10.9
- Version 8.0 on Apple® Mac OS® Yosemite 10.10
- Current version (auto-update) on Microsoft Windows® 7 SP1 (32 and 64 bits), Microsoft Windows® 8 (32 and 64 bits), Microsoft Windows® 8.1 (excluding RT Touch Screen, which is not supported or certified by ADP), Apple® Mac OS® Mavericks 10.9, and Apple® Mac OS® Yosemite 10.10
For the best possible user experience, ADP recommends a minimum screen resolution of 1200 x 800. Screen resolutions smaller than this will still work, but will require horizontal scrolling in some cases.
To protect the safety of its employees and customers and to protect the assets of the business, background checks will be conducted on all applicants to whom a contingent offer of employment has been made. Human resources will conduct the background check through its resources and in full compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
If there is any substantive information included in the background check received, human resources along with the appropriate Ordway personnel will, in their sole discretion, determine the relevance of such information to the vacant position’s responsibilities and the hiring decision.
Having a criminal history, a criminal conviction, or a motor vehicle violation does not necessarily preclude employment. The nature of the offense, the circumstances surrounding it and its relevance to a particular position are evaluated on a case-by-case basis. An evaluation shall consider, but shall not necessarily be limited to, the following factors:
- Date of conviction(s).
- Subsequent employment record.
- Number and gravity of crime(s) committed and the nature of the crime(s) in relationship to the nature of the work to be performed.
- Potential opportunity, through possible abuse of work-related functions or situations, to cause financial or property loss or other harm.
All decisions relating to the background check received shall be made in Ordway’s sole discretion.