Pre- & Post-Show Activities
The Wizard of Oz is more than just a show—make it an experience you’ll never forget!
Every Night at The Wizard of Oz
- Treat yourself dinner and a night out in the city at great local restaurants and hotels as recommended by our Ordway Concierge. Call 651.282.3114 to make your reservations now!
- Arrive early to the theater to explore the Ordway lobby magically transformed into the Land of Oz by Bachman’s. Take photos and use hashtag #followmetooz and have your check-in’s, posts, and photos featured on the Ordway’s The Wizard of Oz Facebook Event Page!
- See 600 colorful lollipop artwork spread throughout the lobby, decorated by students from the following Saint Paul public schools: Capitol Hill Gifted and Talented Magnet School, Washington Technology Secondary, Open World Learning Community, Harding High School, Ramsey Middle School, Johnson Senior High School, Creative Arts Secondary, and Mississippi Creative Arts. Thank you students!
- Enjoy Lori Dokken at the piano prior to every performance in the Marzitelli Foyer.
- Enjoy featured drink specials at Ordway’s bars and concessions areas as well as at some of our local restaurant partners – check with Carrie for complete details on who is partnering with us.
Bring your entire family to Great Waters Brewing Co.! The brewer has brewed a special beer, Flying Monkey Rye IPA – available for a limited time, during The Wizard of Oz.
Stop by before or after the show to try this specialty beer. Children enjoy a free, handcrafted root beer with the purchase of an entrée. This offer is only available the day of your performance, make sure to show your tickets and take advantage of this exclusive offer for Ordway patrons.
Live Broadcast of myTalk with Colleen and Bradley
Dec 4 | 12pm-3pm | Ordway, St Paul
Stop by with a toy for the Ronald McDonald house to unlock an offer on tickets, catch a sneak-peek of the decked out Oz-themed lobby, created by Bachman’s and even participate in the myTalk 107.1 broadcast! Open to the public.
Kids Night on Broadway
Dec 5 | 6pm- 7pm | Ordway, St Paul
Come early for hands-on activities and stay for a special show night for kids! Admission and RSVP required for this performance.
Dec 6 | 5pm-7pm | Ordway, St Paul
Meet select cast and creative crew during this special dinner for annual donors. Not a donor yet? Become a major gifts donor to the Ordway and take your Oz experience to the next level with this exclusive dinner. Call the Development Office at 651.282.3036 to make your gift today!
Meet & Greet with Toto!
Dec 26 or 27 | 5pm | Ordway, St Paul
Celebrate the holiday season with family, friends, and a little dog too! Hear from William Berloni, Toto’s handler, and learn how our furry, four-legged actors train for the stage. Light refreshments and photographer will be provided.
This is an exclusive offer for Ordway Partner Level ($500 and above) donors and an exclusive offer for new, Sustaining Donors joining at the $40/ month level or Partner Level ($500) donors. Interested in becoming a donor? Call Mike at the number listed below to learn more.
Space is extremely limited! Call Mike today at 651.282.3031 to RSVP and arrange to receive your special, back-stage pass to meet and greet Toto.