Sally Award Nominations
Nominations are welcome for the 2014 Sally Awards (held on June 22, 2015)
Thank you for your interest in the Sally Ordway Irvine Awards. Your nomination continues the tradition of honoring individuals and institutions that strengthen and enrich Minnesota with their commitment to the arts and arts education.
All nominations and deliberations are kept confidential. If you have any questions about the nomination process or would like to submit a nomination for the 2014 Sally Awards, please complete the online nomination form or email the Sally Awards Event Manager. The information below outlines the processes and criteria to submit an awards nomination.
The Ordway solicits nominations for the awards from residents of Minnesota, members of the arts community, elected officials, arts educators, philanthropists, foundations, and supporters of the Ordway. A selection committee is made up of immediate past award recipients, representatives from the arts community and the media, a representative from the Minnesota State Arts Board, and leadership from Ordway Center for the Performing Arts. The Selection Committee reviews the materials submitted on each candidate and selects candidates who are deemed most deserving of recognition and whose achievements most closely fit the category for which they have been nominated. Decisions of the committee are final. The committee reserves the right to reassign nominees to an award category other than the one indicated on the submission form.
Award recipients will be honored at a ceremony on June 22, 2015 at the Ordway. Names of the award recipients will be publicly released at the awards ceremony.
SUBMITTING YOUR NOMINATION
Read the awards criteria and eligibility requirements below before making your recommendations. A candidate may be nominated for one award category, and the selection committee reserves the right to grant an award for which the candidate has not been nominated.
- Check the list of awards winners to make sure your candidate has not already won an award in the category you are nominating the individual or organization for.
- Fill out and submit the official nomination form online or download a hard copy form.
- Contact others who can support this nomination and request that they mail, fax, or e-mail letters. Letters of support should answer questions posed within the criteria for each award and should include varied detailed content.
- Individuals or organizations may be nominated or may nominate themselves.
- The work for which individuals and/or organizations are being nominated must have taken place in Minnesota.
- There is no age criterion for nominees.
- The Selection Committee members will not see any nominator names prior to winner selection: they will only see nominees’ information during the review process.
- The Selection Committee members may also nominate for this award.
- Telephone nominations will not be accepted.
- Ordway employees are not eligible to win, but may nominate.
- Nominations must be postmarked by January 31, 2015.
- Winners will be personally notified. Names of those nominating will not be made public.
- A list of the award winners will not be announced until the award ceremony.
· If you have any questions or need additional forms you can contact Megan Mehl at 651.282.3101.