25th Annual Sally Ordway Irvine Awards Nominations
The Sally Ordway Irvine Awards ceremony is an annual celebration of the statewide arts community. The Sally Awards recognize outstanding contributions made by individuals, organizations, and communities to the cultural life of our state. While these contributions are usually made unselfishly, it is important to take the time to recognize and show thanks for outstanding achievement in the arts community.
Please take a moment to consider individuals, organizations and communities that deserve to be acknowledged with a nomination for a Sally Award. Nominations can be made by an individual, group, organization, or business. Nominees’ achievements in advancing diversity, equity and inclusion will be highly valued in the selection of award recipients in all five categories.
Click here to submit a Sally Award Nominee.
The nomination deadline is April 1, 2017
Sally Award categories are listed below. Click here for full descriptions
- Arts Access
- Individuals and organizations from any artistic or cultural field in Minnesota are eligible. This includes artists, professional administrators, volunteers, educators, public officials, and philanthropists.
- Self-nominations are permitted.
- Posthumous nominations are permitted.
- Nominations of currently employed Ordway staff are not permitted.
Selection and Presentation
- Review and selection of the 25th annual Sally Awards will be made by a selection committee appointed by the Ordway. This committee will include immediate past award recipients, representatives from the arts community and the media, a representative from the Minnesota State Arts Board, and leadership from Ordway Center for the Performing Arts.
- All intital nomination applications will be narrowed down by the selection committee and finalists will be notified and invited to submit a more thorough application in April 2017
- The Selection Committee will review the materials submitted by the finalists on each candidate and selects candidates who are deemed most deserving of recognition and whose achievements most closely fit the category for which they have been nominated. Decisions of the committee are final. The committee reserves the right to reassign nominees to an award category other than the one indicated on the submission form.
- Nominators will be notified if their nominee has been selected in summer of 2017.
- Selected winners will be notified of the award in summer of 2017.
- The 25th annual Sally Awards will be presented at a formal ceremony that will be free and open to the public on Monday, October 16, 2017. So, please save the date!
If you have any questions please contact Tommy Sar at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651.282.3060